Position: Financial Officer
Reporting to: General Manager
Start Date: October 1, 2020
The Lakes Golf Club & Resort is intricately woven through the rugged terrain, crossing
creeks, diving with the slope of Ben Eoin Mountain and filled with pristine views of the beautiful Bras
d’Or Lakes, The Lakes Golf Club is one of the most thrilling golf courses you will ever play in Nova Scotia.
Established in 2009, with a membership base of 250. The club offers a modern clubhouse and amenities
and is the primary focus of a four-season resort.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the day-to-day financial
activity at the Lakes Golf Club & Resort. Financial activities will include golf, food and
beverage, accommodations and special events. This position will require superior customer service and
communications skills. As a multi service operation, successful candidates for this position will require
effective time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines as well as work in a fast pace
environment. As an integral part of the organization’s management team, this position will require the
ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a unit. This is a term position with an
opportunity for renewal.
Essential functions include:
• Financial statement preparation
• Bank reconciliations
• Journal entries
• Assist with annual year-end audit
• Assist with annual budget preparation
• Responsible for accounts payables and receivables (golf, accommodations, special events & food
• Actively participate in regular executive team meetings
• Responsible for filing of government reports
• Responsible to maintain asset inventory
• Other duties as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of post-secondary education with a focus on accounting. Minimum 3-
5 years experience. Experience working in the golf industry, hospitality or food & beverage sectors
will be considered an asset. CPA designation considered an asset.
• Salary will commensurate with education and experience,
• Benefits to include personal health, dental, and life insurance, also to include dependents.
• Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation
Hours of business will be 8:30a.m. – 4:300p.m Monday-Friday, but will sometimes be required to
work evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted