Travel Information: COVID‐19 Update
The well-being of our guests, team members, and our community are our highest priority. We want to assure you that we continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely and will continue to keep you informed of any changes to our policies or protocols. We aim to continue providing the service that you deserve in these unprecedented and uncertain times.
*Dec 1st, 2020 UPDATE
We are paying extra close attention to the recent rise in cases in the Central Zone of Nova Scotia and are following all provincial recommendations and guidelines for both accommodations and in Founders Restaurant. Any changes to our policies will be updated on our website. To ensure you have the most current information regarding COVID-19 policies prior to your next stay or visit to our restaurant, please give us a call at 902-828-4653 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On July 31st, The Government of Nova Scotia announced that masks are now mandatory in most indoor public places, which includes common areas of tourist accommodations such as lobbies, elevators and hallways, fitness centres and restaurants and bars (except while people are eating or drinking).
Children under two are exempt, as well as children aged two to four when their caregiver cannot get them to wear a mask. People with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask are exempt. People are asked to use their own masks.
Amenities and services at our Resort
Following provincial regulations, and with health and safety as our top priority, Founders Restaurant remains open at this time for both dine-in and take-out services.
- Take out and dine in available Thursday (4-10pm), Friday (Noon-10pm) and Saturday and Sunday (9am-9pm).
We continue to closely monitor the, Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID‐19) cases and follow guidance from these agencies, our government and local health departments.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e. Booking.com, Expedia), please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with our customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotel is actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously, and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and members. On a daily basis, our resort prioritizes sanitation to meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. We have ensured that:
- Hand washing and sanitization stations are available throughout the resort.
- Regular sanitization of surfaces takes place and have increased daily sanitization protocols.
- Plexiglass partitions have been installed at all counters where customers and staff interact.
- All staff have been equipped with and will be wearing a mask or face covering.
- We ask that you please:
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- Practice physical distancing of a minimum ‘2m (6ft).
- Wear a mask or face covering in all indoor spaces.
- Masks can be removed once seated for food service in Founders Restaurant.
For the most updated information, please refer to the following:.
Last Updated, Dec 1, 2020